Sunday, October 5, 2014

Roller Coasters and Being Told We're Right

The average length of a roller coaster is 3 minutes. but ours has lasted 9,434,880 minutes.

this high school roller coaster is reaching it's peak and we're about to free fall.

and before I fall I want to reach the heavens.


I want to look down and say that these 18 years have been good.

maybe not exactly how I wanted or planned

but good.


And for the first time in forever

I'm looking ahead to the drop with excitement.

The adventure ahead is a new, exciting endeavor.


I've reached higher than I ever planned

and lower than I ever imagined

but it's made me who I want to be, and it's all grand.



Thanks for the outstretched hands who lifted me up

Thanks for the outstretched hands that dragged me down

And although I will admit it's messed me up.

 
In a good way.
 
 I hope at the end of this ride
 
there is a confirmation that where you're heading
 
is right.


Because all of us want to be told we're right and this roller coaster isn't stopping.


3 comments:

  1. I love this. I really do. How you first started it off was sooo good. #stolen But just too many relatable lines to quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the outstretched hands who lifted me up

    Thanks for the outstretched hands that dragged me down

    Well said. I loved all of this

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely loved how you started this. way to real me in.

    the rest was amazing too. good job

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf