Thursday, February 26, 2015

We're Fighting for You

We are fighting so hard and still are losing
And they keep saying there are things we could be doing
But I'm running out of ideas.
Pleading with other students
We sit here in class hoping the kid next to us isn't giving up.

We are trying and their trying and I don't know if we can try much harder.
It's up to them and we pray they stay
Fight on
And so we'll sing the cheers for the crowd instead of the basketball players.
Because you need to know that you are great, you are loved, and you are seen.

We'll lift you up and hope you stay, but we certainly can't stop a made up mind
and it scares me.
So stay on our boat made with love.
Let us sail the seas 5000 times before we call it over.
Because this is not over.

It's not over until God calls you home and last time I checked,
you and I both have 63 more years to go.
The silence is killing you so give me your heart,
I'll hook it up to my aux cord,
and we'll jam together.

I'll crank up the speakers because you're my favorite song.
And whatever you're thinking, I want to know.
It's a thing called love I wish you would accept.
I love you.
We love you.

Take the warm hugs, cookies and heart felt notes with you,
tell the depression to back off and realize you are loved,
you are seen,
and we would miss you so much.




4 comments:

  1. "We certainly cant stop a made up mind"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The silence is killing you so give me your heart,
    I'll hook it up to my aux cord,
    and we'll jam together"

    Thank you thank you thank you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. the part about the aux cord. yes.

    i love you abby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And so we'll sing the cheers for the crowd instead of the basketball players.
    Because you need to know that you are great, you are loved, and you are seen.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf