Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Worth It

I'm dragging out our time
We don't know how much we've got left
So I'm going to take my precious time.

Grasping the tips of your fingers,
My lips are sealed with yours
And I'm tempted to lock it with glue.

We're the kids everyone wishes they were
The ones who knew what they wanted
We have something only high school kids dream of.

When the alarm on my phone rang
Meaning it was time to go
I pressed snooze and snooze 
Until it wasn't an option anymore.

Did it really take this long for me to love you?
and now that we have to say goodbye,
I'm regretting every loveless second before.

I whisper, "I love you" in your ear.
And when you say it back,
I'll know this was all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. "We're the kids everyone wishes they were
    The ones who knew what they wanted
    We have something only high school kids dream of."

    These are the best feelings. I loved how you summed it up.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf