Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fears and Tears Go Hand in Hand

A year ago when the doctor called what I had, depression I said no it can't be.  Nothing is making me sad.  The lows are normal, the highs are normal especially as a teenage girl.  And here I am a year later and afraid there's more to it. 

I don't go to the doctor in fear they'll find something else to diagnose me with. or another medication to prescribe. 

I'm afraid no one will love me.

I don't do ponytails on myself without a mirror because I don't like crooked things.  The crooked smile on that mean girl's face, the crooked picture on the wall, and especially crooked people.

I fear that I'll get taken advantage of.  I've caught people cheating off me and so I then purposefully select the wrong answers.  Once they've turned theirs in, I go back and select the right ones.

I'm afraid my mom will die and not know how much I love her. 

I refuse to go to the therapists because I know they'll tell me that I should come back in a couple weeks.  and then when I go again, they tell me they'll see me again in a couple weeks.

I fear people who are clingy.  Give me my space, I'll give you yours. But know I still love you.

I'm not applying to more than 2 colleges because I fear decisions and two options are two too many for me.

I don't think about the day I move out of my house when heading for college because I know I'm going to cry.

 
I don't fake a smile because everyone else does it for me.  And if everyone fakes a smile, the world seems perfect and I'm not afraid of being the one who's real.




\

\

4 comments:

  1. applying for 2 colleges? so real. i'm doing the same thing for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "if everyone fakes a smile, the world seems perfect and I'm not afraid of being the one who's real."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to cry when I move out too. Thank you for this post. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf