Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Harsh Words

I look at my little sister and think she really got the not-so-desirable end of the deal.  Having older sisters is something that makes for a hard life.

They're
              cruel
                        jealous
                                    and selfish beings that tend to spend way too much time on their hair in the morning.

I wish I had treated my younger sisters better while I was growing up. You recognize the power that one sibling has on the other, and regret everything mean you ever said or did.  I think back to the time when their sun was brighter than mine and I wanted to do anything I could to have the brighter sun. 

And it's selfish, but when you're a teenage girl in Jr. high who gets told your fat, you don't know how to tell someone they're beautiful. The "friends" at the time cut a piece of my heart out and if you've ever tried to grow a heart, it's not easy. 

but my heart is almost there, I'm in Versailles and headed to Paris, because I want to make it right.



I want my love now, to illuminate their confidence.  I'd do anything I can to recover it.

But just like growing a heart, recovering confidence is difficult.

                                                

2 comments:

  1. This whole thing is so true and I'm in love with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Recovering confidence is difficult" so very true.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf