Sunday, May 24, 2015

till we meet again-sorry and thank you

this week is graduation

I have regrets and joys that will stay with me till the grave 
so I want to tell you sorry.

Sorry for things I said and things I didn't
Sorry for the mean faces and snide comments
Sorry

In elementary school, I barked at Nate Finlayson on the bus and cannot make eye contact with him ever since. Sorry Nate.

In junior high, I wrote a love note to David Flake, gave it to him the end of class, and ran off. And I left a love note in John Savage's locker.  Sorry. It's all still awkward to this day and I wish I'd never done any of it in the first place.

In high school, I learned to keep to myself because that was what was best for me. I wish I hadn't of kept oh so quiet. 

and as I sat back and watched people, I learned some things. so thank you. 

Melissa Simpson taught me that people are more important than anything.
 and Ashley Martin that little things can make a difference.
Abbie Weichers taught me that a laugh can fix almost anything.
 and Kailee Hogge that it's ok to act crazy sometimes.
Emi Hironaka taught me that anyone can be your friend.
 and Ellery Osborn that people change and opposites make the best pairs.
Emma Fruehan taught me that there is good in everyone and a rumor isn't worth it.
 and Danielle Kemp that a listening ear is never a bad idea.
Whitney Porter taught me that commitment pays off.
 and Yuna Page that we can have it all.
Heather Peterson taught me we have more than one chance at life and to never give up.
 and Brylee Bromley that service is the key to happiness and acceptance.
Kenya Anderson taught me that even though life sucks sometimes, you can change your attitude.
 and Jane Rowberry that hard work pays off.
Abby Jardine taught me that an invite won't hurt and how to build someone up.
 and Megan Solomon that judging doesn't help and love is what's important.
the list could go on.

thank you.

You all made a difference whether you know it or not.
Keep strong Knights and till we meet again,

Abigail Waters



5 comments:

  1. love you abby. you're the strongest girl i know. I've always admired you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always fantastic. Just like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait what you said about me. I love you Abby. thank YOU for always being so real and for teaching me that being yourself is so much more important than what everyone thinks about it. You are a true friend and I'm glad to have been able to know you since first grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This literally brought me to tears. I can't even tell you how much your friendship has meant to me over the years. I am going to miss you so much. You are so genuine and real. You have such a bright future and I hope to be apart of it. Thank you thank you thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf