Friday, September 5, 2014

Goodbye to that Blood Moon of Ours



To the heartbreaker:

I don't want to say goodbye

no matter what I do, I can never get over you
from the time I had you rolling on the floor laughing because you never thought I had it in me and
from the time we poured our souls and cried things I never thought it would end like this.

I pretend you're not gone, but you are.  and since you ended it, I'm shredded.

between the heart break and loneliness, the cold blankets, and the days by myself when I just need you here. I'm here.                               and you're there. 

And I'm not sure why I care.  And to your final words, "So yeah, I think we both need a break."

Give me a break at work. Give me a break at school. But don't give me a break from love.

3 comments:

  1. I thought blankets were supposed to be warm. That's the point, right?

    Now I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the title name. very well done. i enjoyed this lots.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf