Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Stuck in the Middle

We are stuck in the middle of a stream that's just too mainstream to slow
We are stuck in the middle of school being taught things that aren't helpful at all
We are stuck in the middle of adolescent and adult
We are stuck in the middle of social media and reality
We are stuck in the middle of crap jobs and our career
We are stuck in the middle of homecoming week
We are stuck in the middle of one friend and another
We are stuck in the middle of classes we are only taking to get to college
We are stuck in the middle of 100 hall between 2nd and 3rd
We are stuck in the middle of an assembly on 'Don' t do Drugs'
We are stuck in the middle of the parking lot because school just got out
We are stuck in the middle of finding and forgetting ourselves

When adults say "High School days were the better days" I say, "You must have Alzheimer's"  That lie I will never tell my kids.  Because High school is hard.

1 comment:

  1. Chills. I hope high school isn't what I look back at as my better days either.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf