Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Naive Lover

I thought you loved me.  But I was naïve and didn't recognize the signs. And now that I'm looking back, I realize that what we had wasn't love.  I saw your heart, your desires, but most of all the lust. I've been taken advantage four too many times and you just made five.  And you knew I had.

I needed someone who was there when I was sobbing because I felt lonely at school, someone who'd step up and decide what we should do when I'd say 'I don't care.' But you didn't.  And you knew I didn't care as long as I was with you.

You came into my life when I was most vulnerable. You told me 'this is about us' when it was really about you and your image.  I told you I've kissed way too many times on the first date but you still went for it, and I'm upset.

 
But know this, I learned a lot. and thank you for making me feel loved at the time, even if it wasn't real.


2 comments:

  1. "when i'd say i don't care" i say that line all the time lol. love this post, it's so real and i love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Even if it wasn't real." Gahhhh yesss.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf