Monday, May 18, 2015

216


216 hours we'll no longer be a knight
We've been part of Lone Peak for over 26,280 hours.
just last week I was singing praises only to find I will miss this.

by this i mean orchestra concerts.  i've played in them for over 7 years and my last one was Thursday.  Ashokan's farewell hit me hard and I was so drowned out in tears I couldn't see my music.
by this i mean small classrooms with teachers who care. most the time.
by this i mean friends the one's I'll never see again and the ones who I'll see weekly.
by this i mean dances and going out with people you've known for almost 2 decades.

I'll miss the high spirited halls.

by this i mean the youth around me.
by this i mean the seminary building and how it gave me a safe haven where i received revelation.  and how it happens to be the largest seminary building in the world.
by this i mean pulling into the parking lot in the morning, walking in with my sister and feeling the fresh air on my skin.

I'll miss this.

We'll soon be leaving the maroon, gold, and black, taking on blue, red, or green.
And when that time comes, I hope to never forget this.


1 comment:

  1. this made me sad

    this gave me anxiety

    this made me happy

    WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME

    I loved this. a lot.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf