Sunday, December 14, 2014

I remember

I remember the voice of my grandpa when he sang some song he made up about ducks and whiskey.
I remember collecting things in Grandma's house and burying them in her front yard hoping it would be treasure when we dug it out again.
I remember finding out about my surprise 16th birthday party and then it not happening.
I remember the boy who showed up on my doorstep every year on Valentine's day for 3 years and how he didn't come last year.
I remember wishing it never ended.
I remember the jams I listened to as I cleaned my room in 7th grade.
I remember the first time I heard 'Skyscraper' by Demi Lovato and bawling because it hit me.
I remember the eye contact I made with this cute boy at SeaWorld and thinking I must've known him in the Pre-Mortal life or maybe I just hoped I knew him then.
I remember finding my lifeless bunny in her cage.
I remember the peace in my heart.
I remember the Tamagotchi that grew to be an adult and giving my all to keep it alive.
I remember my waist being a little bigger.
I remember thinking math was easy.
I remember swimming in Grandma Linda's pool and eating sundaes and that she wasn't our biological grandma.
I remember hating Golum and still hating him because he ruined any chance of having a dream as a child.
I remember how we only cared about the next time we'd get to play.
I remember wandering the halls hoping somebody would stop and talk with me.
I remember watching your chest rise and fall.

I remember you.

3 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of some of these and then the depth of others. It's a good mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many memories and so very specific. I like that. A lot.

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf