Sunday, March 8, 2015

Peace in Mind

Running in circles we find ourselves looking for happiness
when if we just stopped running we would be able to rest
I fought my feet and stopped for a little
Hoping that time would move real slow.

I opened my eyes and closed my ears
Because in High school,
there is no benefit to listening to the gossip
of teenage girls and jock boys.

I felt so much more
I loved so much more
and I saw God.

In the halls of Lone Peak,
you don't have to go real far to find gloomy weather
and with that being said,
you don't have to roam too far to find bright skies

It's all in the people, the people, the people.

And it's too bad that those people are lonely teenagers, lost travelers, and depressed souls
And it's too good that those people are re-tryers, tender carers, with a whole lot of fighters.

Sure we get high, sure we get low
But not even the wolf's blow will knock down our strongest.
And that's nice
because our futures are some of the brightest

People are nice and people are mean
But just remember we have all been lost if we aren't right now.


1 comment:

  1. This was wise.

    "It's all in the people, the people, the people."

    I loved the contrast. Yin and yang. Opposites. Like I said, it was wise. Not everyone can recognize both sides of a coin.

    "Sure we get high,"

    ReplyDelete

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf