Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Paper Towns

I read the Paper Towns book by John Green.  I picked it out because I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Fault in Our Stars, also by John Green.  If you stop reading this right now, I get it.  Some people really hate that book.  But this book was not similar to The Fault in Our Stars.  Sure there is a boy and a girl, but nothing about dying or anything to make you cry.
The girl, Margo, disappears and 90% of the book is Quentin (the boy) trying to figure out where she had gone.  That being said.  I didn't like this book.  I felt like it just kept dragging on and on.  Very quickly I had lost interest to the point where I had to force myself to finish it.
I say you should probably only read this book if you can bear through pages and pages of nothing happening.  I'm not that type of person. But besides the long period of Quentin figuring things out, overall the story line was ok given there wasn't much to it.

1 comment:

___________

___________

Quotes

  • "I wanna live a little more"-Jane Doe
  • "It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can't get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long unitl they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better" -Dieter F. Uctdorf